Activated Charcoal Capsules and Tablets
Name: Activated Charcoal Capsules and Tablets
- Activated Charcoal Capsules and Tablets tablet
- Activated Charcoal Capsules and Tablets drug
- Activated Charcoal Capsules and Tablets missed dose
Uses of Activated Charcoal Capsules and Tablets
- It is used to ease too much gas in the stomach.
How is this medicine (Activated Charcoal Capsules and Tablets) best taken?
Use this medicine (activated charcoal capsules and tablets) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take after meals.
- Swallow whole. Do not chew, break, or crush.
- Take with a full glass of water.
- Try to space other drugs from this one by 2 hours. This medicine stops many drugs from getting into the body.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you take this medicine on a regular basis, take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times this medicine (activated charcoal capsules and tablets) is taken on an as needed basis. Do not take more often than told by the doctor.
How do I store and/or throw out Activated Charcoal Capsules and Tablets?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Review Date: October 4, 2017