Adoxa Pak 1 / 150
Name: Adoxa Pak 1 / 150
- Adoxa Pak 1 / 150 used to treat
- Adoxa Pak 1 / 150 is used to treat
- Adoxa Pak 1 / 150 tablet
- Adoxa Pak 1 / 150 drug
- Adoxa Pak 1 / 150 drugs like
- Adoxa Pak 1 / 150 side effects
Uses of Adoxa Pak 1/150
- It is used to treat pimples (acne).
- It is used to treat or prevent bacterial infections.
- It is used to prevent malaria.
- It is used to treat swelling of the tissue around the teeth (periodontitis). It is used with scaling and root planing.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Adoxa Pak 1/150?
- If you have an allergy to doxycycline or any other part of Adoxa Pak 1/150 (doxycycline tablets and capsules).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you are taking any of these drugs: Acitretin, isotretinoin, or a penicillin.
- If you are breast-feeding or plan to breast-feed.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Adoxa Pak 1/150 with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Adoxa Pak 1/150?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Have your blood work checked if you are on Adoxa Pak 1/150 for a long time. Talk with your doctor.
- This medicine may affect certain lab tests. Tell all of your health care providers and lab workers that you take this medicine.
- Do not use longer than you have been told. A second infection may happen.
- Do not take more than what your doctor told you to take. Taking more than you are told may raise your chance of very bad side effects.
- Do not switch between different forms of Adoxa Pak 1/150 without first talking with the doctor.
- If you are taking warfarin, talk with your doctor. You may need to have your blood work checked more closely while you are taking it with this medicine.
- You may get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen and wear clothing and eyewear that protects you from the sun.
- A very bad skin reaction (Stevens-Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis) may happen. It can cause very bad health problems that may not go away, and sometimes death. Get medical help right away if you have signs like red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin (with or without fever); red or irritated eyes; or sores in your mouth, throat, nose, or eyes.
- Birth control pills and other hormone-based birth control may not work as well to prevent pregnancy. Use some other kind of birth control also like a condom when taking Adoxa Pak 1/150.
- This medicine may cause a change in tooth color to yellow-gray-brown in children younger than 8 years old. If this change of tooth color happens, it will not go away. Talk with the doctor.
- Most of the time, this medicine is not for use in children younger than 8 years old. However, there may be times when these children may need to take Adoxa Pak 1/150. Talk with the doctor.
- Change in tooth color has also happened in adults. This has gone back to normal after this medicine was stopped and teeth cleaning at a dentist's office. Talk with the doctor.
- This medicine may cause harm to the unborn baby if you take it while you are pregnant. If you are pregnant or you get pregnant while taking Adoxa Pak 1/150, call your doctor right away.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Adoxa Pak 1/150?
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from light.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Do not take this medicine if it is outdated.
- Do not take Adoxa Pak 1/150 if it has not been stored as you have been told.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.