Alirocumab Injectable Solution
Name: Alirocumab Injectable Solution
- Alirocumab Injectable Solution side effects
- Alirocumab Injectable Solution serious side effects
- Alirocumab Injectable Solution how to use
- Alirocumab Injectable Solution drug
- Alirocumab Injectable Solution missed dose
- Alirocumab Injectable Solution injection
Highlights for alirocumab
ALIROCUMAB (al i ROC ue mab) is known as a PCSK9 inhibitor. It is used to lower the level of cholesterol in the blood. This medicine is only for patients whose cholesterol is not controlled by diet and statin therapy.
This drug can cause serious side effects. See which side effects you should report to your doctor right away.
Know how to use your medication, and learn what might happen if you miss a dose.
Talk to your healthcare provider if you have any of these conditions.
Know what to watch for and get tips for reducing your risks while taking this drug.
Alirocumab Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- signs and symptoms of infection like fever or chills; cough; sore throat; pain or trouble passing urine
- signs and symptoms of liver injury like dark yellow or brown urine; general ill feeling or flu-like symptoms; light-colored stools; loss of appetite; nausea; right upper belly pain; unusually weak or tired; yellowing of the eyes or skin
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report these to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- muscle cramps
- muscle pain
- pain, redness, or irritation at site where injected
Alirocumab May Interact with Other Medications
Interactions are not expected.Disclaimer: Our goal is to provide you with the most relevant and current information. However, because drugs interact differently in each person, we cannot guarantee that this information includes all possible interactions. This information is not a substitute for medical advice. Always speak with your healthcare provider about possible interactions with all prescription drugs, vitamins, herbs and supplements, and over-the-counter drugs that you are taking.
How to Use alirocumab
This medicine is for injection under the skin. You will be taught how to prepare and give this medicine. Use exactly as directed. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed.
It is important that you put your used needles and syringes in a special sharps container. Do not put them in a trash can. If you do not have a sharps container, call your pharmacist or healthcare provider to get one.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- any unusual or allergic reaction to alirocumab, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If your next dose is to be taken in less than 7 days, then do not take the missed dose. Take the next dose at your regular time. Do not take double or extra doses.What should I watch for while using this medicine?
You may need blood work done while you are taking this medicine.Where should I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children.
You will be instructed on how to store this medicine. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date on the label.