Alupent (Metaproterenol Tablets)
Name: Alupent (Metaproterenol Tablets)
- Alupent Metaproterenol Tablets tablet
- Alupent Metaproterenol Tablets drug
- Alupent Metaproterenol Tablets drugs like
- Alupent Metaproterenol Tablets side effects
- Alupent Metaproterenol Tablets effects of
Uses of Alupent
- It is used to open the airways in lung diseases where spasm may cause breathing problems.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Alupent?
For all patients taking Alupent (metaproterenol tablets):
- If you have an allergy to metaproterenol or any other part of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you have a fast heartbeat.
- If you have a heartbeat that is not normal.
- If your child is younger than 6 years of age. Do not give Alupent to a child younger than 6 years of age.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Alupent with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Alupent?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Call your doctor right away if your breathing problems get worse, if your rescue inhaler does not work as well, or if you need to use your rescue inhaler more often.
- Check blood pressure and heart rate as the doctor has told you. Talk with the doctor.
- Do not use more than what your doctor told you to use. Do not use more often or longer than what you were told. Doing any of these things may raise the chance of very bad side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Alupent while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
What are some other side effects of Alupent?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Feeling nervous and excitable.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.