Miranel AF (Miconazole Liquid)
Name: Miranel AF (Miconazole Liquid)
- Miranel AF Miconazole Liquid used to treat
- Miranel AF Miconazole Liquid is used to treat
- Miranel AF Miconazole Liquid missed dose
- Miranel AF Miconazole Liquid side effects
- Miranel AF Miconazole Liquid drug
- Miranel AF Miconazole Liquid effects of
Uses of Miranel AF
- It is used to treat fungal infections of the skin.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
How is this medicine (Miranel AF) best taken?
Use Miranel AF as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
- Do not take this medicine by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
- Do not use coverings (bandages, dressings, make-up) unless told to do so by the doctor.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad skin irritation.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Miranel AF?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Protect from heat or open flame.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to miconazole topical: compounding powder, topical cream, topical gel, topical liquid, topical lotion, topical ointment, topical powder, topical spray, topical tincture, vaginal cream, vaginal cream with applicator, vaginal kit, vaginal suppository, vaginal tampon
Local side effects have been reported frequently with topical miconazole therapy. When administered intravaginally or topically, itching, burning and rash have been reported. Contact dermatitis, confirmed by patch testing, has been reported.[Ref]
Nervous system side effects have rarely included headache.[Ref]
Genitourinary side effects have included cramping, pain, and bleeding with the intravaginal use of miconazole.[Ref]
Some side effects of Miranel AF may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.