Name: Nitro Macro
- Nitro Macro side effects
- Nitro Macro drug
- Nitro Macro effects of
- Nitro Macro used to treat
- Nitro Macro nitro macro dosage
- Nitro Macro mg
- Nitro Macro dose range
Nitro Macro Overview
Nitrofurantoin is a prescription medication used to treat urinary tract infections. Nitrofurantoin belongs to a group of drugs called nitrofuran antiobiotics. These agents work by stopping the growth of bacteria.
This medication comes as a capsule and a liquid. It is taken 2 to 4 times a day with food.
Common side effects of nitrofurantoin include diarrhea, stomach upset, dizziness, and drowsiness. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery until you know how nitrofurantoin affects you.
Nitro Macro Precautions
Serious side effects have been reported with nitrofurantoin including the following:
- Lung problems (pulmonary hypersensitivity reactions). Tell your healthcare provider right away if you have some or all of the following symptoms:
- Liver problems
- Peripheral neuropathy (nerve problems)
- Clostridium difficile- associated diarrhea
Nitrofurantoin can cause drowsiness. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery until you know how nitrofurantoin affects you.
Do not take nitrofurantoin if you:
- are known hypersensitivity/allergy to nitrofurantoin or to any of its ingredients
- significant impairment of renal function
- pregnant patients at term (38-42 weeks gestation) as well as during labor and delivery
- in patients with a previous history of cholestatic jaundice/hepatic dysfunction associated with nitrofurantoin
Nitro Macro and Lactation
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed.
Nitrofurantoin has been detected in human breast milk. Because of the possibility for adverse reactions in nursing infants from nitrofurantoin, a choice should be made whether to stop nursing or to stop use of this medication. The importance of the drug to the mother should be considered.
Nitro Macro Dosage
Take this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The dose your doctor recommends may be based on the following:
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
The recommended dose range of nitrofurantoin for the treatment of urinary tract infection is 50-100 mg four times daily.
Nitro Macro Overdose
If you take too much nitrofurantoin, call your healthcare provider or local Poison Control Center, or seek emergency medical attention right away.
- Store nitrofurantoin at controlled room temperature (59° to 86°F or 15° to 30°C).
- Keep away from heat and sunlight.
- Keep this and all medicines out of the reach of children.