Sevelamer (Oral Route)
Name: Sevelamer (Oral Route)
- Sevelamer Oral Route brand name
- Sevelamer Oral Route side effects
- Sevelamer Oral Route serious side effects
- Sevelamer Oral Route tablet
US Brand Name
Tell your doctor if you have ever had any unusual or allergic reaction to this medicine or any other medicines. Also tell your health care professional if you have any other types of allergies, such as to foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals. For non-prescription products, read the label or package ingredients carefully.
Appropriate studies performed to date have not demonstrated geriatric-specific problems that would limit the usefulness of sevelamer in the elderly. However, elderly patients may start at a lower dose.
Other Medical Problems
The presence of other medical problems may affect the use of this medicine. Make sure you tell your doctor if you have any other medical problems, especially:
- Bowel blockage—Should not be used in patients with this condition.
- Difficulty with swallowing or other swallowing problems or
- Major surgery on the gastrointestinal tract or
- Stomach or bowel problems (e.g., constipation), severe—Use with caution. May cause serious side effects if the tablet cannot be swallowed completely and properly absorbed.