Siltuximab (Intravenous Route)
Name: Siltuximab (Intravenous Route)
- Siltuximab Intravenous Route brand name
- Siltuximab Intravenous Route dosage
- Siltuximab Intravenous Route dosage forms
- Siltuximab Intravenous Route injection
- Siltuximab Intravenous Route used to treat
- Siltuximab Intravenous Route is used to treat
- Siltuximab Intravenous Route effects of
- Siltuximab Intravenous Route the effects of
US Brand Name
Siltuximab injection is used to treat a rare blood disorder called multicentric Castleman's disease (MCD). This medicine is used in patients who do not have human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and human herpes virus-8 (HHV-8) infection.
This medicine is to be given only by or under the direct supervision of your doctor.
This product is available in the following dosage forms:
- Powder for Solution
Appropriate studies have not been performed on the relationship of age to the effects of siltuximab injection in the pediatric population. Safety and efficacy have not been established.
Appropriate studies performed to date have not demonstrated geriatric-specific problems that would limit the usefulness of siltuximab injection in the elderly.
Other Medical Problems
The presence of other medical problems may affect the use of this medicine. Make sure you tell your doctor if you have any other medical problems, especially:
- Stomach or bowel problems (eg, diverticulitis, ulcers)—Use with caution. May increase risk for gastrointestinal perforation.
- Infection, severe—May decrease your body's ability to fight infection. It must be treated first before using this medicine.